6/23/13

Best Kept Secret Festival: Day 2

Mozes and the Firstborn
Mozes and the Firstborn performing on stage TWO
Although the weather isn't that great now in the Netherlands (it's been raining since yesterday evening...), the second day of BKS has been a great success for me.
But we did have some problems getting onto the festival terrain, because we didn't have an adult with us... So we had to go to one of the security members every two hours.
It may sound stupid, but it was quite nice, because you didn't get those moments when you don't really know what to do between the performances; we simply had to look for security staff, and report ourselves in the spare time, haha.
Well, luckily we were allowed to go onto the terrain! After the struggles we had at the entrance, we went to buy ourselves some drinks, and met another good friend of mine, with whom we would be the rest of the evening.
I also heard some fragments of Mozes and the Firstborn's (they are a band from the city I was born in, haha!) performance, and because I really like grunge, I was very delighted.
I had never actually listened to them, but I have to admit they're really good.
The first gig we went to was Balthazar, a Belgian indie band I really like. They've got a very mysterious and original sound. I can really recommend their music!
The second gig we went to was Jacco Gardner (actually, a band named "Ice Age" would perform, but they couldn't come).
I really like Jacco Gardner's psychedelic music, but we were at the front row, right next to the speakers, and it was so loud I actually couldn't really hear it. (Yes, that might sound weird, but if music's to loud, you can't actually tell the songs apart. Everything sounds, like, the same for me when it's too loud.)
I listened, like, four or five songs, and headed for the Allah-Las, another band I really like.
Although it was raining, the sunny Californian rock and roll made it less worse.
I especially liked the songs "Tell Me (What's On Your Mind)" and "Busman's Holiday".
After the gig, we went to buy ourselves some food.
I got a pizza for 3,5 coins (which I thought was quite expensive), which tasted very good, so the money was well spent, eventually.

Allah-Las op Best Kept Secret
Allah-Las performing on stage ONE
We waited for half an hour until Two Door Cinema Club started playing. My cousin and her friend decided they really wanted to be in the front row, and my friends and I waited for another 15 minutes.
(I only heard one or two Two Door Cinema Club songs, so I can't really tell you anything about the performance. My cousin and her friend were just so delighted by the performance, they called it heaven on earth, so it must have been quite good, haha!)
My friends and I went to see Alt-J, and surprisingly, we were in one of the front rows.

We totally didn't have any space at all, and felt like battery hens, but I really enjoyed the performance.
The music was extremely loud again, but this time it wasn't that annoying, because I think the strong rhythm section in Alt-J's music is very important.
After the gig, we had to report ourselves again, and went home, still singing and dancing.
It's really been a great day!

And now I'm preparing myself again for today, the last day of Best Kept Secret Festival.
Today I'm going to see Temples, Local Natives, Sigur Ros, Everything Everything, Palma Violets, Kurt Vile and the Violators, and Portishead.
I'm really looking forward to it!

But first I've got to get my raincoat...





0 reacties: