9/22/12

Album Review: My Head is an Animal by Of Monsters and Men


A few weeks ago, I bought the album "My Head is an Animal" by Of Monsters and Men (OMAM).
I actually didn't know them, I had only seen an advertisement in the British music magazine "Q".
I really liked the album cover, so I bought it. :)

Of Monsters and Men is an indie/folk band from Iceland. "My Head is an Animal" is their first album, and I think they're actually quite good.


I really like the songs "Mountain Sound", "Little Talks" and "Dirty Paws".
The songs are very original; the lyrics are about nature and fairytales, and the band doesn't only use instruments like guitars, drums and vocals, just like most of the bands do; They also use accordions, trumpets and harmonicas.
Most of their songs are very serene, and sound very Scandinavian!

So; if you like folk music (like Mumford and Sons, Sigur Ros, Ben Howard, Dry the River, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, etc.) I would kindly force you to buy this album. ;)

Link to the track "Little Talks": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghb6eDopW8I


Rating: 8/10

0 reacties: