9/23/12

Album Review: Beachcomber's Windowsill by Stornoway

I'm pretty sure none of you has actually ever heard about Stornoway (unless you're from the village called Stornoway).
Stornoway is a folk band from Oxford. They've only made one record yet, which is called "Beachcomber's Windowsill".
And here's my review...

At first; I discovered the band on youtube, and really liked the album cover- art.
The album has 11 tracks, and came out in 2010.
I think the singer, Brian Briggs, has got a beautiful voice. The band uses acoustic instruments instead of electrical instruments, which makes the sound much more natural and original.
Most of the songs are quite happy; Zorbing, I Saw You Blink, We Are the Battery Human, Watching Birds are very cheerful.

The other songs (Boats and Trains, Fuel Up, The Coldharbour Road, Here Comes the Blackout, On the Rocks, The End of the Movie and Long- Distance Lullaby) are quite sad, but beautifully written!
I really like the album; the songs sound very English, and very sweet.

Rating: 7/10

0 reacties: